Home Log Cabins Planning Preparation The Build FAQ's Contact us

p81-tuinhuis p66-Paris p53-verandanight

Finlog Homes - Log Cabins at their best


We have put together the most common frequently asked questions here but if you still have a question please contact us as we will be pleased to help you

Q. Will I need planning permission for my lodge?

A. Cabins up to 30 square metres will not require planning permission providing they are 5 metres away from the main property, they do not exceed more than 50% of your total garden area and must be under 4 metres in height. If you live in a conservation area or listed building, please contact your local planning office or log onto: www.planning.odpm.gov.uk

Q. Are cabins pre-treated?

A. Finlog cabins are not pre-treated due to the nature of their construction and therefore need to be treated within 2 weeks of installation. We recommend treating both the inside and outside as well as applying silicon in the outside joints for extra protection.

Q. What kind of base do the cabins require?

A. For the majority of cabins a concrete slab with a depth of 100mm to 150mm would be sufficient. The base would need to be 100mm larger in width and depth. For further advice please contact us.

Q. Can the cabins be insulated?

A. Generally the solid wall logs give very good insulation, however, if you use the cabin throughout the winter months the cabins can be insulated below the floor and above the roof. Double glazed windows and doors can also be purchased for selected models. We strongly recommend this for home offices


Home - Log Cabins - Planning - Preparation - The Build - FAQ - Contact

©2008 Finlog Homes, all rights reserved